Home Remedies – A Basic Introduction
What are home remedies? Home remedies are nothing but something that can cure you simply with the things and natural food items available in our kitchen closet. Home remedies are a kind of first aid therapy to the body. Something that we all can try at home and get good results. We can just forget the doctor for a while and believe in the words of our old grannies who have transferred us the simple knowledge of making safe treatment for some simple ailments sitting within the premises of our home at anytime of the day and don’t need to bother the doctor for simple problems like cold, cough, gastric pain.
Home remedies for Stomach disorder
– For gastric pain –Boil Jeera powder-1/2 spoon, Ajwain -1/2, Sauf -1/2 spoon, Mint leaves-6-7 leaves in one glass water and when ½ glass remains. Drink that sip by sip and the pain is gone.
– Just take hing-1/4 spoon with luke warm water and pain is gone.
– For acidity drink coconut water.
– For constipation -boil 2 dates in milk at night and drink that milk. It is a mild laxative.
– Take figs at night. it is also a good laxative and easy home remedy
– For loose motions drink Souf water every 2 hours.
– Again for smelly loose tummy drink 1 spoon termuric in cold water and the stomach upset is set right.
– Drinking Butter milk with jeera powder in that is wonderful for loose motions.
– For blood in stools— squeeze one lemon in cold milk and drink that instantly. It immediately stops blood in stool.
– Massaging castor oil on the tummy at night also helps to evacuate easily in the morning.
Stomach discomfort in infants
– When the little one is crying all the time and squeezing on tummy. So it is for sure that the baby has gastric pain. Best remedy is to apply Hing mixed in water on the tummy.
– A pinch of hing in 1 spoon mother milk should be given to the 1 or 2 month old baby to release gas from the body. This is a wonderful home remedy.
– Legs of the little one should be pressed on to the tummy to help him release gas.
– If the baby is constipated for 3-4 days and is in discomfort. Add sugar in water and boil that water and make him drink 1 or 2 spoon. This will act as laxative for the baby.
– When the baby is teething and passing stools. The best home remedy is giving him souf water.
– Other home remedy for loose watery stools is to give boiled rice water with little of Dhania powder in that.
– Squeeze a lemon in milk and boil and make fresh cheese. The water of that should be given to the child and this helps in controlling loose motions.
– For vomiting squeeze onion juice and give few drops. this immediately controls vomiting in little babies.