Suffering From Acid Reflux? Foods You Should Avoid!
Did you know that certain foods can intensify your heart burn symptoms? If you suffer from acid reflux and are tired of the discomfort, it is important to know what foods will improve your symptoms and what foods create havoc with your indigestion. Here are a couple rules of thumb to follow if you suffer from acid reflux.
Simple Dieting Rules for Acid Reflux
1. Soft is better! Eating soft foods will allow your esophagus to heal from the excessive acid caused by acid reflux.
2. Crunchy is bad! Nuts, crackers, toast, popcorn, cookies, breakfast cereals will make your reflux situation worse by scratching your Lower Esophageal Sphincter (LES).
3. Avoid Spicy and Acidic Foods! Spicy and Acidic foods can aggravate your LES and cause heartburn. To prevent this from happening, stay away from these foods, as well as alcohol, beer and soft drinks.
4. One cup of Joe! You should not drink more than one cup of coffer per day!
5. Drink Water! You should try to drink one tall glass of water after every meal to aid with digestion.
Finally, these are only guidelines to help you as you treat your acid reflux. I would also recommend carrying a food journal to document what you eat. You might just discover how your reflux reacts to individual foods! This could be the difference between misery and bliss! Finally, you should also take time to know what particular foods are known to cause heartburn. Here is a list of foods to avoid!
Foods that Cause Acid Reflux
Potatoes (any form)
Macaroni and Cheese
Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressings
Finally, take time to educate yourself on acid reflux and natural treatments. I have been heartburn free for years (read my story) because of simply discovering that taking a slice of apple will treat any heartburn flare-ups. In fact, there are numerous natural remedies that you can buy at your local grocery store. If you are interested in risk-free, guaranteed natural remedies please take a minute and visit our website. You would be surprised at what are satisfied customers are saying about our 97% success rate at treating acid reflux.